Sunday, April 20, 2008

Adios Mexico, Aloha Hawaii

Well we didn't hit the beach today, was a bit windy so we had one final stroll around Playa checking out the shops and stopping along the way for a coffee or a cerveza.

Sonia and Sam bought some more Mac make up. While they were doing this Brando and I thought we would check out the watches. We spotted a nice Tag Heuer and I thought it might be time for a new watch. But I struggle to buy a new pair of jeans so we wandered out to grab a drink and think about it through the day. Then we realised we had left a bit of paper with the watch details on it back in the shop so Sonia said, wait there I'll go and get it (the bit of paper). Ten minutes later she came back with the watch! I love it and I love Sonia for her ability to shop, every time I look at my watch back in the rat race I will think of our beautiful holiday in Mexico, its perfect.

For our last night in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico we went to Makkeroni Italian Restaurant Pizzeria Bar. See pic below



This place is few doors back from Manne's Biergarten (where we went last night). Pic now included



We had a great meal as we have virtually everywhere we have been in Mexico.

We strolled home through the shops where Sam and Brandan sampled some "sombrero's", these really would propose a packing difficulty.




Now for a bit of brief entertainment I would like to share with everyone that the kids have kidnapped my favourite Yahoo baseball cap (shown below) and hidden it somewhere. They know how much I hate losing things and they are having lots of fun baiting me about it (where's your hat dad?). I am trying not to bite in the hope they will return it safely to me. Stay tuned for updates.



I have told Brandan (the leader of the kidnapping) that his pet monkey, "Geppetto", which he bought at Xcarat may be in danger if I don't see my cap again *LOL*



Brandan and I are doing an "all nighter" tonight since our airport pick up is at 4.00am (in two and a half hours).

Will close tonight by saying that Mexico is a long way away from our home but it is a beautiful place that we hope to visit again some day. Sonia commented tonight while we were walking around just how safe and comfortable we have felt in Mexico. The people are extremely generous and friendly and I will remember many of their faces from simple interactions like a taxi ride, ordering a drink (from Madrid, Isaac or Carlos), buying a soccer shirt, booking a tour (from Brenda), etc, etc.

AdiĆ³s Mexico, esperanza para verle otra vez pronto (Farewell Mexico, hope to see you again soon)

Blogger Scott - just checked footy scores and noticed the Blues won again beating the Demons with Juddster best on ground - go Blues!!!

Tour Captain off to pack and repack his luggage (and maybe have one final plate of nachos with Brando to keep us from falling asleep)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BS IN - Hi guys! The updates continue to captivate. I've just caught up on the last 3 days and it sounds like Mexico has really left an impression (it could replace Boathaven as 'God's country'). I'm sure Hawaii will polish the trip off and leave you with lots of memories. Stay safe and see you soon - BS OUT.

katg1006 said...

Have a safe flight!! Can't wait for the Hawaiian update! Awww that is the sweetest story about the watch!! Sonia you rock!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I didn't know Mexico was such a fun place, must go there one day! Yeah, like in 15 years when the kids are the same age as yours probably! LOL But thanks for sharing a bit about it, I love learning about different countries!