Saturday, April 26, 2008

The End

For our last day away we headed to Koko Marina Centre where Brandan went for a wakeboard, squeezing one more ride in before we go home to autumn and winter.

Sonia got some ok pics with her zoom lens. We thought they were going to take pictures from on the boat so we didn't pay the bit extra to ride along. Turns out they weren't taking photos so we should have gone along too.







Was a very relaxing way to spend our last day.

When we got back we headed over to Ala Moana for some last minute shopping, which included a new suitcase. Had an early dinner there and came back to pack our bags and prepare for the flight home.

Waikiki must have known it was our last night because they put on a massive fireworks display on the beach right outside our 18th floor room, we had the best seat in the house!






They actually do the fireworks every Friday night.



So as Waikiki beach dims its lights and settles for the evening we are going to bed with many fond memories of our last four weeks together.

We have been to some great places, met some wonderful people, and had an awesome time together. It has been fun sharing our holiday with everyone, thank you for reading our blog, posting messages, and shouting.

And most of all thanks to my beautiful Tour Co-Ordinator (DW Sonia) for organising this holiday of a lifetime (bookings, passports, money, etc, etc, etc).

Looking forward to seeing you all next week, and for those in the scrapbooking forums I suspect Sonia will be back in full swing by mid Monday (Melbourne time).

For the last time, Tour Captain out.

5 comments:

Sabine said...

Oh my, this is already the end?!
It has been a really nice family trip, a great time together and I am sure you come home with some great souvenirs. How precious to share some stunning moments with the ones you love.
So the journey is ending for us too! But I am counting on our Sonia to scrap a full vacation album and show us some more pictures.

Have a nice way back :)
Cheers,
Sabine

katg1006 said...

Have a safe trip my friends ((hugs)) I am glad you all had such an enjoyable time and thank you for letting share it with you!! It's been a lot of fun! Thanks Tour Captain for your wonderful stories - made me smile everyday! ((hugs))

Scraps of Bev said...

Big, big thanks for letting us come on the holiday with you...I loved every minute of it and it didn't cost me anything...just sitting here with a glass of whatever was open and reading through your days events...what a super holiday...

Tour Captain...you've done a grand job...time for a rest so I expect it's back to work!!

Sonia can't wait to see and hear more from you via whichever site you come on...we've missed you lots at DSSA and also over at 'Lets Scrap'....

Have a safe journey home..take care.

Anonymous said...

What a great trip you had. I'm totally envious, LOL. Have a safe trip home! I can't wait to see the layouts Sonia will create from your gorgeous pics.

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like I've got some catching up to do! I can't believe your trip has finished already?! So sorry I haven't been a better blog reader, have been in a wedding last week and it has kept me more than busy! But I'm off to catch up on all the goss!